Send Holiday Cheer to Newly Freed Clients
Nine people are home for the holidays for the first time in decades
Despite the difficulties of this year, we still have reasons to celebrate. Nine Innocence Project clients were freed this year and are spending the holidays at home, many for the first time in several decades.
Send them a note to wish them a warm welcome home and a happy holiday season by filling out the form above.
This holiday season looks a little different with people around the world celebrating online instead of in person and scaling down their festivities. But for wrongfully convicted people who have recently gained their freedom, this quiet holiday season represents a major milestone as they begin to adjust to their new lives and rebuild what they’ve lost.
- Gerry Thomas was freed and exonerated in January, after nearly 30 years of wrongful conviction in Michigan.
- Paul Hildwin was freed in March after 35 years of wrongful incarceration in Florida.
- Sheila Denton was freed in April after 15 years of wrongful incarceration in Georgia.
- Darrill Henry was freed in May after 15 years of wrongful imprisonment in Louisiana.
- Robert DuBoise was freed in August and exonerated in September after 37 years of wrongful conviction in Florida.
- Ron Jacobsen was freed in October after 30 years of wrongful imprisonment in Georgia.
- Eddie Lee Howard was freed in December after 26 years of wrongful incarceration in Georgia.
- Jaythan Kendrick was freed and exonerated in November after 25 years of wrongful conviction in New York.
- Termaine Hicks was freed and exonerated in December after 19 years of wrongful conviction in Pennsylvania.
Send them an uplifting holiday message today.