Exoneree Compensation in Oklahoma

A wrongfully convicted person is entitled to receive $175,000 for the entirety of his wrongful incarceration as long as he did not plead guilty and was imprisoned solely as a result of the wrongful conviction. Effective: 1978; Amended most recently: 2003.

Read the statute.

We've helped free more than 240 innocent people from prison. Support our work to strengthen and advance the innocence movement.