Urgent: We have less than 5 Days to Save Rodney Reed’s Life
11.13.19 By Innocence Staff
(November 15, 2019) — We just got the news that the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles unanimously voted to recommend a 120-day reprieve of Rodney Reed’s death sentence. Now it’s up to Governor Abbott to accept or reject the recommendation before Rodney’s November 20 execution.
Here’s how you can help stop this execution:
1. Add your name to stop Texas from executing Rodney.
2. Contact Governor Abbott now. Call 737-210-4800 and you’ll be connected, or click here.
3. Share on social media. Here’s the language you can use:
- URGENT: In 5 days, @innocence client #RodneyReed will be executed for a crime he didn’t commit. The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles recommended a 120-day delay of the execution and now it’s up to @govabbott. Please contact him to stop the execution: 737-210-4800. https://bit.ly/33GGaiW
- Texas will execute @innocence client #RodneyReed on November 20, despite evidence that exonerates him and implicates the murder victim’s then-fiancé Jimmy Fennell. Help stop this execution now by sharing Rodney’s case: https://bit.ly/2pMbSwn
- Texas has scheduled the execution of @innocence client #RodneyReed next Wednesday, November 20, despite evidence that exonerates him and implicates the murder victim’s fiancé Jimmy Fennell. Here are the top 10 facts you need to know about this case: https://bit.ly/2M7eKMF
4. Attend a Rodney Reed event near you. Click here to take a look.
5. Donate to Rodney’s family. Rodney Reed’s family @BringRodneyHome has spent 22 years and countless resources advocating for his innocence. Help them in their fight to stop Rodney’s execution by donating today.
Leave a Reply
Thank you for visiting us. You can learn more about how we consider cases here. Please avoid sharing any personal information in the comments below and join us in making this a hate-speech free and safe space for everyone.
November 21, 2019 at 11:44 pm
Praying that this innocent man is out of that cell very soon so that he can live the rest of his life as a happy and free man with his loving family as God intended him to!
debra kaplan November 25, 2019 at 9:08 am
sent an email to the governor